The Ultracoat system is a structural epoxy coating system used for the rehabilitation and structural reinforcement of a wide range of substrates.
Manhole repair, tunnel maintenance, bunds, culverts, and any other surface or structure can be coated. After its single coat application, Ultracoat leaves an exceptionally hard wearing, smooth and waterproof coating, with excellent chemical resistance.
Even in the presence of damp substrates, Ultracoat will effectively adhere to any surface, eliminating and preventing infiltration and leaving a smooth finish with enhanced flow characteristics. Application of Ultracoat is also structurally reinforcing – independent testing showed an increase in compressive strength of concrete pipes of 20%.
After application, for example for bund rehabilitation, the Ultracoat 100% solids epoxy coating system is chemical resistant from pH 2-14. This includes complete resistance to high levels of hydrogen sulphide, up to 40% concentration of nitric acid, acetic acid, calcium chloride and others.
Particularly relevant for manhole rehabilitation and other confined spaces, the Ultracoat system is free from VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds), meaning breathing apparatus is not required. It is free from solvents and no primer coat is required – application is quick and easy and a manhole chamber or culvert can be back in operation within hours of the project starting.
The Ultracoat system has been used for the rehabilitation of over 50,000 manholes worldwide, each project avoiding the disruption of replacement, reducing immediate costs and bringing whole life cost for the structure down to a minimum. When presented with a corroded surface, perhaps after long-term erosion and widespread infiltration, there are two main alternatives; the replacement of the manhole, or the repair of the manhole.
The Ultracoat system:
- Structurally reinforces corroded structures or weakened substrates
- No harmful VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) – safe for use in confined spaces, addressing many health and safety issues
- Proven adhesion to damp substrates
- Up to 50 year project guarantee provided
- Over 20 epoxy matrices available; for potable water, fast cure, flexible, fire retardant, high build, gloss finish and others
- Numerous independent test results and accreditations
- Monolithic coating, with no primer required – quick application
- Superb chemical resistance from pH 2-14 including high levels of H2S
- Very high build thickness without slumping – up to 20mm in one application.
We provide innovative solutions for the following applications:
- Concrete repair – structural and cosmetic
- Decorative anti-carbonation protection
- Reinstatement of low concrete cover
- Structural waterproofing and tanking
- DWI approved fairing coats, mortars and linings
- Waterproofing of floors and decked areas
- Chloride protection for marine concrete
- Corrosion protection for steel
- Biostatic coatings for use in hygienic areas.
Our coatings provide superior performance against erosion, corrosion, abrasion, and chemical attack. Industry faces adverse environmental conditions that attack components and structures and result in compromised plant reliability and safety and lost profits. When cementitious or metallic surfaces are subject to aggressive industrial application environments.